How to wash Cashmere?
Cashmere is a luxurious fabric which requires delicate care.
- NEVER place cashmere items in the washer or dryer. Hand washing works best.
- When hand washing use cold water and a very mild soap or shampoo even clean water is just fine. Gently work the suds through the fabric and rinse thoroughly with cold NEVER wring or twist the material as it will lose its original shape.
- When drying cashmere, gently squeeze excess water (again, do not wring or twist). Lay the cashmere out on a clean towel, adjusting it to its original shape, and roll the towel up, jelly roll style, with the cashmere item in the middle. Apply pressure to the towel, and unroll, laying the item flat again on another clean dry towel to finish air-drying.
- NEVER hang your cashmere on a hanger as it will lose its shape. Rather, when the item is completely dry, gently fold and lay flat in a drawer until ready to use.
- The best way to reshape cashmere is using steamer. Steam iron is also possible, but remember don’t press hard on the cashmere, just use the steam. It can also make the cashmere softer.